Sunday, January 23, 2011

CABIN FEVER

Well, it's pretty hard to put into words how boring this place can be when not working! It's been snowing like crazy here lately, which makes the snowshoeing a major pain-in-the-you-know-what! The hike up is still not worth the ride down... I don't have the scratch to drop on lift tickets to the ski resorts, even with free ski rentals. The wind has been howling and the temps have been extremely cold, making fishing nowhere close to an option.

I got out the other day and shot my pistol, but with the price of ammunition, I wasn't able to shoot for very long.

I've always heard of Cabin Fever, but didn't really expect this amount of sheer boredom! I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow!

I've been contemplating a new tattoo for a while, and I was sure that I wanted a trout. A brown trout. Would it make sense to get anything else? I think not! After sitting on the couch all yesterday morning, I decided it was time.

Mom told me to buy something with the gift card she sent me, I'm pretty sure she didn't mean a tattoo...

I headed into Winter Park to meet with AJ, the tattoo artist. He said he was busy in the early afternoon but would make up a sketch and could do the deed around 6.

I was excited and a bit nervous as I walked into the shop. But AJ let me put on my iPod, which was jamming Derek & The Dominos. The pain was nowhere close to what I thought it would be, and AJ did a fine job! I'm really pleased with how it turned out!



This is definitely the biggest fish I've caught in a while, but it's hard to practice catch and release with something as permanent as a tattoo!

Now I'm thinking about what I'm getting next! Just kidding, Mom! Maybe...

Peace Out People,
MuddlerMan

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, Nice Tat. I have cabin fever too. I live in predominantly a warm water fishery. This time of the year sucks.

    ReplyDelete